Thursday, June 17, 2010

Recommended - Helmet Sunblocker

Here is an inexpensive product that is well worth the money. I had this tint strip on my previous helmet, but when I got my new brain bucket I forgot to order one. Well, it took one ride on a sunny day to remember how much I liked it.

The Helmet Sunblocker is a pre-cut strip of tinted material that fits inside your face shield and it does a great job of keeping those extra bright summer (and winter) rays out of your eyes. It comes in especially handy early in the morning and late in the afternoon when the sun is low on the horizon. It sits high enough that you aren't looking through it all the time, but when you need it, all you have to do is tilt your head down a little and you can keep that fiery ball in the sky from cooking your corneas.

It comes in two models, the standard model, and one that is cut to fit Arai Helmets that have vents in the shield. (This is the one I have). I actually preferred the strip to be slightly higher on the shield, and trimmed it with an exacto knife to get it just the way I wanted it. 

Beware of other tint strips that require you to do all the cutting yourself. I tried one of these and it was so much trouble that I ended up just trashing it. The original Helmet Sunblocker is inexpensive, easy to put on, and works great.

No comments:

Post a Comment